Submitted by Wayne Allyn Root on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 12:34 PM
NFL TOP 10 for WEEK #12
by WAYNE ALLYN ROOT
It seems that all anybody talks about when discussing the top NFL Football teams are New England, Denver and Green Bay. What about those desert rats from Phoenix? The team with the best record and the best defense. The only team that has been within 7 points or less entering the 4th quarter in every game this season. The Phoenix Cardinals- the only team that has also won 3 of 4 games this year with their backup quarterback under center. So let's be fair and add Arizona into the conversation!
1) NEW ENGLAND---The Pats have the Chiefs to thank for their wake up call 6 weeks ago. That are playing at the highest level and are poised to continue with a healthy Gronk and Jonas Gray. Tom Brady looks like he's reinventing his last Super Bowl run. They have the Lions this week coming in off a loss at Arizona. Not to worry, if you play like you did against the Colts, the contest won't be close. Nice job Brady, game ball to you!
2) ARIZONA---Do you remember Harry Truman or the old Chicago Cardinals? That was the last time the Cardinals were 9-1. The Cardinals held Detroit to 6 points with their great defense and won their 6th game in a row. They can go all the way; but next up will tell the real story at they travel to play Seattle. Drew Stanton may make us forget about Carson Palmer.
3) GREEN BAY---What a great combo in the making: Aaron Rodgers produces a 30+ point lead...and over-paid career backup QB Matt Flynn performs mop up duty. This may be just the rest that Rodgers needs. Pile up the points and then sit for the rest of the game saving the body on wear and tear. Green Bay out played, out performed and embarrassed Philadelphia last week and now is on the road at poor, pathetic Minnesota.
4) DENVER---How can the Rams defeat Seattle, San Francisco and now Denver? How could Denver not have been ready, prepared and set to NOT over-look this team. A good win for St Louis, but a stunning and embarrassing loss for Peyton Manning and his entire team. This week it's back home to play Miami. Another team with a better defense than offense. Let's hope it's not too frigid for those Manning thumbs, or the Broncos could be in for more trouble. Hint to Peyton: you might have to score more than 7 points this week to win.
5) KANSAS CITY---Let's review: The Chiefs' total number of touchdowns by wide receivers this season is zero. The Chiefs have not had a completed pass go for more than 38 yards this season (we're talking catch and run combined). All the defensive safeties for the opposing teams need to do is move closer to the line of scrimmage. Jamaal Charles had his FIRST 100 yard rushing game this past Sunday. This team should be 4-6, not 7-3. With those stats in mind, who did they knock off last Sunday? The world champion Seattle Seahawks! This week they are in Oakland on Thursday so I'll be shooting for my 5th Primetime winner in a row. That's why they call me "The King of Primetime."
6) DALLAS---This could be a great 3-week run for the Cowboys. A win against putrid Jacksonville; followed by a bye-week; and now a chance to pick off 2 or 3 passes from Eli Manning as they "cowboy up" in the Big Apple (or a little south of it in New Jersey). Jerry Jones stated "there was no curfew" in London. Let's hope he smartens up with one in New York City. Southern cowboys can get in a lot of trouble in New York City! Dallas and the Giants play in the Sunday Night Game.
7) SAN FRANCISCO---The 49ers have posted back to back road wins and looked impressive in both games. Yes they had some help but that is part of the game. Thanks to Eli Manning, the 49ers swallowed up 5 of his passes and now head home to play the disgruntled Washington Redskins team. You're on a roll, so don't screw it up with a goal line fumble like the one on the 1 foot line against St Louis on the final play of the game.
8) DETROIT---The Lions defense has been the talk of the NFC North while Reggie Bush and Calvin Johnson were out with injuries. So what do they do with both of them back? They allowed Drew Stanton to throw a career high 306 yards and 2 TD's. That same effort this week will result in another "2nd half of the season doom" for the Lions as they get Tom Brady in New England.
9) INDIANAPOLIS---Andrew Luck can only do so much. His defense has never been "top notch". His rushing attack has never been "high enough quality" to offer Luck any balance. And millions of fans are pulling for him every week. With Dwayne Allen and Ahmad Bradshaw out, the only player left to help Andrew Luck is Coby Fleener? Well Stanford boys stick together! Someone needs to step up and help, as the Colts remain at home against Jacksonville in a must-win game.
10) PITTSBURGH---The Steelers won the game in Nashville (but lost the cover- as Wayne Root clients know, because WE WON- but they also gained a locker room nightmare as RB LeGarrette Blount packed it in. It's now the Ben Roethlisberger and Le'Veon Bell show. Bell's 196 rushing yards clearly bailed out Ben, who never looked like he was ready to play. Now they get a bye week to celebrate beating Tennessee and Blount moving on.
SOME FIREPOWER RIGHT BEHIND YOU
11) PHILADELPHIA---Bad game at Green Bay, but that's not uncommon, so beat Tennessee this week and you're back in the Top 10.
12) SEATTLE---We'll see what you're made of this week: Champs or Chumps as you play the NFL's surprise team Arizona.
13) CINCINNATI---Nice win where few prevail- at the Superdome. Houston will not be a push-over Sunday
14) MIAMI---You've had 10 days to get ready. If you want to be great, win on the road against Denver.
15) SAN DIEGO---Rivers and his wide receivers need to re-introduce themselves, or it's "lights-out".