Submitted by Kelso Sturgeon on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 3:57 PM
50-Unit Highrollers NBA Play Set To Win Tonight
Dodgers Go For Sweep Tonight Against Cubs And Get To World Series For First Time Since 1988
The Five Worst And Most Hopeless Teams In College Football
Odds And Projected Win Totals Reflect Just How Much NBA Has Changed This Season
By Kelso Sturgeon
National Football League bettors have to be a little nervous heading into this weekend's games after they saw favorites go 2-11 against the spread (ATS) last week, including underdogs Miami and the New York Giants who knocked off Atlanta and Denver as double-digit 'dogs. Ditto for college football where this past week where eight double-digit underdogs won straight up.
How in heaven's name could Syracuse (+24) beat then 2nd-ranked Clemson, 27-24, or how could a mediocre Arizona State team (+17.5) beat Top Ten member Washington, 13-7, or how could a so-so California team (+16.5) run off and hide from Washington State, another Top Ten squad, 37-3?
There are no answers; we must accept the fact this is football. The game was never easy and never will be. It is of note my Best Bets Football Club went 3-1 this past Saturday, winning with underdogs Texas and Eastern Michigan, and favored South Florida while losing with New Mexico. I followed up with a 2-1 NFL Sunday, winning with underdogs Chicago and the Los Angeles Rams while losing with Detroit.
Oh, yes, I hit another 40-unit NFL side/total parlay Sunday with the underdog Los Angeles Chargers (+3.5) who won at Oakland 17-16, plus the under (49). In other words, the winners are there and I intend to keep going for them, beginning Thursday night with 50-unit play on the Kansas City Chiefs (5-1) at the Oakland Raiders (2-4). The Chiefs are 11-3 in their last 14 games at Oakland but are catching a Raider team desperate to win and in a very strong bounce-back mode.
5 Worst And Most Hopeless College Teams
1. CHARLOTTE 49ERS (0-7 SU, 2-5 ATS) - Charlotte is In just its third season of NCAA I football and simply does not have the talent to compete on an equal basis. The 49ers have been favored in just one game this season - minus 13 over over I-AA North Carolina A&T (7-0) and lost 35-31.
2. TEXAS EL PASO MINERS (0-7 SU, 2-5 ATS - Texas-El Paso has absolutely no blue-chip or game breaking offensive players and because of that is ranked last of 129 teams in average yards per game at 219.6 and 126th in scoring average with 11.7 points per game. Head coach Sean Kugler (18-37 in 4 ½ seasons threw in the towel and quit two games ago.
3. TEXAS STATE BOBCATS (1-6 SU, 2-5 ATS) - Texas State is another school that is offensively challenged, average 304.1 yards (122nd) and 13.4 points (124th) per game. The team's only win this season came in its opening game over I-AA Houston Baptist (1-5) 20-11 as a 16.5 point favorite.
4. RICE OWLS (1-5 SU, 1-5 ATS) - Rice is one of those schools with academic standards to high few individuals, let alone football players, who can qualify and get in. But the team usually is competitive and has had winning records three of the past five seasons, including a bowl win over Fresno state. That said, it is no happening this time around and the Owls are getting wasted in most of their games. There only win this season came at Texas-El Paso 31-14 as a 1.5-point underdog in the second game of the season.
5. KANSAS JAYHAWKS (1-5 SU, 0-5-1 ATS) - This is another team ruined by the most over-rated coach in the modern history of college football - one Charlie Weis who talked a good game before being fired four games into the 2014 season. Weis came to Kansas after getting sacked at Notre Dame for his incompetence. He immediately told the media he would win in Lawrence because he had pass patterns (executed by Tom Brady when he was offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots) that were so complex nobody could stop his receives. In two seasons and four games, Weis was fired with a 6-22 record. Enter David Baylor who is 3-27 since arriving at Kansas.
ODDS TO WIN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP
With Projected Win Totals
(The Odds Are My Own...Win Totals From Westgate Las Vegas)
|Golden State Warriors||Even||67.5|
|San Antonio Spurs||12-1||55|
|Oklahoma City Thunder||16-1||53.5|
|New Orleans Pelicans||100-1||39.5|
|Los Angeles Clippers||120-1||43.5|
|Portland Trail Blazers||125-1||42.5|
|Los Angeles Lakers||400-1||33.5|
|New York Knicks||500-1||30.5|
Los Angeles Dodgers Look To Punch World Series Ticket With 8th Straight Win While Astros-Yankees Try To Take Edge In Their AL Championship Series
The Chicago Cubs (95-74) will be looking for the beginning of a miracle when they take on the Los Angeles Dodgers (110-58) in tonight's National League championship series. They trail the Dodgers 0-3 in their best-of-seven series and no must win out to defend their World Series title. It must be noted the only team in Major League Baseball history - the Boston Red Sox in 2004 - to come back and win four straight games to advance to the World Series. A Dodger win would be the team's 8th straight and would put them in the World Series for the first time since 1988.
In the early game tonight, the New York Yankees (96-75) will try to go one up on the Houston Astros (106-64) in a series knotted at 2-2 after back-to-back wins by the New Yorkers. Both teams are at the very top of their games and this one figures to be a battle royale.
Tonight's Championship Series Games
Houston Astros at New York Yankees
Pitching for Houston: LH Dallas Keuchel 14-5, 290)
Pitching for New York: RH Masahiro Tanaka (13-12, 4.74)
On Fox Sports 1...Beginning at 5:05 Eastern
Los Angeles Dodgers at Chicago Cubs
Pitching for Los Angeles: LH Alex Wood (16-3, 2.72)
Pitching for Chicago: RH Jake Arrieta (14-10, 3.53)
On TBS...Beginning at 9:05 Eastern
I have handicapped both games right down to the minutest detail and believe I will win both of them. Go 2-0 with me tonight for just $15, charged to your major credit card or to Pay Pal.
Please do not ask me why - it just happens. Each year at the beginning of the NBA season bookmakers are always attached to the past and offer betting lines from what they remember from last year. This presents many opportunities to take down the cash in the first month of competition - before bookmakers figure it out - and tonight we have just such a matchup with a betting line that is far removed from reality.
My edge comes from handicapping teams for what they are right now - and no what they have been in the past. I am taking advantage of a very soft number to launch my Personal Best Club season with a 50-unit play that should rather easily cover the number. Win this one with me for just $49, charged to your major credit card or to Pay Pal.
Better yet, sign up for the entire NBA and college basketball season for just $999 and win with the highrollers all season. You also can also get all 50-unit and 100-unit plays for just $349 per month.
Best Bets Won 1st Play Of NBA Season...Goes For 2 More Tonight
Celtics (+4.5) Get Cover In 102-99 Loss At Cavaliers And I Am Coming Back With Two More Winners Tonight
I take great pride in always beating lazy bookmakers early in the NBA season and I did just that last night with Boston's cover over Cleveland, even though the former lost superstar forward Gordon Hayward five minutes into the game with a broken ankle. I predicted an outright win in this game and despite the absence of Hayward, Boston was up 3 points with two minutes to play.
The winning should continue tonight with two more solid Best Bets Basketball Club plays and you can win a 15-unit and a 10-unit play for just $15, charged to your major credit card or to Pay Pal.
Better yet, get on board for the entire NBA and college basketball seasons for just $199.